Have your laptop recently been attacked by a virus and you are still feeling the effects despite getting rid of it. All you need to format your Laptop Windows 10. Don’t panic we are here to explain easy steps for How To Format Laptop Windows 10.
Reformatting your laptop means totally erasing the hard drive and it is the positive and most effective way to clean up your system. The method to reformat a laptop is very simple in today’s world. The maker either gives the owner with a copy of the operating system (OS) or they create a recovery partition on the hard drive. Formatting is also helpful if you’re selling your computer and would like to get rid of the personal information before the sale.
Before the start, it is essential that you backup all of your data on an external hard drive or CDs and DVDs or other because you will lose all of it in the method. Well, there are many ways to go about this. If you are wanting to format the HD(hard drive) in the laptop and reinstall windows directly after.
Now, look at the easy method of How To Format Laptop Windows 10.
NOTE: Make sure all important files on your laptop hard drive are backed up on the backup storage medium.
METHOD 1. FORMAT LAPTOP WINDOW WITH SYSTEM REPAIR DISC
First, you have to Start your laptop and click Control Panel > Backup and Restore > Create a system repair disc.
1. Enter a CD into your laptop and click “Create disc”. Then choose “Close” and “OK”.
2.Type F10 or F12 to insert the boot menu and choose the CD as the boot device. Click “Enter” and “Next”, then choose your windows system in “Use recovery tools that can help fix problems starting Windows”.
3. Click “Next” and “Command Prompt”. Enter “Format c:/fs: NTFS” and start to format your system disc.
HOW TO CREATE WINDOW 10 RECOVERY DISK
- Open Control Panel / Recovery.
- Choose to Create a Recovery Drive.
- Enter a disk into the drive.
- Choose it as the location where a system recovery drive is to be saved.
After Formatting Steps, Obviously, now you want to reinstall the window 10 on your System without Losing Your Data.
So, Don’t panic! We have another Guide to solve your this issue: How To Reinstall Windows 10 [ 5 Easy Methods]
METHOD 2. Format Laptop with Windows Installation USB/CD
1. Press “Delete” to insert the BIOS when starting your laptop.
2. Choose “Advanced BIOS Features” and set the First Boot Device to CDROM. Click Y to save and exit setup.
3. Insert the Windows installation USB or CD into your laptop, and then insert “DOS”.
4. Type “format C:/” in the DOS prompt and enter Y to achieve formatting.
5. After formatting, enter your own Windows system disk (CD boot) and catch the guidance to fix.
METHOD 3. Format Laptop Without Windows Installation USB/CD
1. First, you have to Start your computer, then touch F8 or F11 before Windows loads.
2. Click “Next” to enter System Recovery. There are two choices to pick. If you have already backup data, a Destructive Recovery will assist you to get a brand-new laptop.
3. The utility will perform the formatting and restart your laptop. Just wait quietly till the end.
METHOD 4. Format Laptop Using Restoration Partition
1. Restart your laptop – when your laptop is rebooting, frequently or continuously push the F10 key on your keyboard until the laptop boots.
2. Choose the option for installing a fresh window – the restore partition will simply run the program to format, reload the operating system.
3. Now just Wait for the completion of the formatting process – this process usually takes maximum 30 to 45 minutes to finish.
Hope this guide will help you to Learn How to Format Laptop windows 10. If you like this guide, also share it with your Peers!