Have your laptop recently been attacked by a virus and you are still feeling the effects despite getting rid of it. All you need to format laptop window 10. Don’t panic we are here to explain easy steps for how to format a window 10 in a Dell, Lenovo, and Hp.
Reformatting your laptop means totally erasing the hard drive and it is the positive and most effective way to clean up your system. The method to reformat a laptop is very simple in today’s world. The maker either gives the owner a copy of the operating system (OS) or they create a recovery partition on the hard drive. Formatting is also helpful if you’re selling your computer and would like to get rid of the personal information before the sale.
Before the start, it is essential that you backup all of your data on an external hard drive or CDs and DVDs or other because you will lose all of it in the method. Well, there are many ways to go about this. If you are wanting to format the HD(hard drive) in the laptop and reinstall windows directly after.
Now, look at the easy method of How To Format Laptop Windows 10.
NOTE: Make sure all important files on your laptop hard drive are backed up on the backup storage medium.
METHOD 1. FORMAT LAPTOP WINDOW WITH SYSTEM REPAIR DISC
First, you have to start your laptop and click Control Panel > Backup and Restore > Create a system repair disc.
1. Enter a CD into your laptop and click “Create disc”. Then choose “Close” and “OK”.
2.Type F10 or F12 to insert the boot menu and choose the CD as the boot device. Click “Enter” and “Next”, then choose your windows system in “Use recovery tools that can help fix problems starting Windows”.
3. Click “Next” and “Command Prompt”. Enter “Format c:/fs: NTFS” and start to format your system disc.
HOW TO CREATE WINDOW 10 RECOVERY DISK
- Open control panel/recovery.
- Choose to create a recovery drive.
- Enter a disk into the drive.
- Choose it as the location where a system recovery drive is to be saved.
After formatting Steps, Obviously, now you want to reinstall the window 10 on your system without losing Your Data.
So, don’t panic! we have another guide to solve your this issue: How To Reinstall Windows 10 [ 5 Easy Methods]
METHOD 2. Format Laptop with Windows Installation USB/CD
1. Press “Delete” to insert the BIOS when starting your laptop.
2. Choose “Advanced BIOS Features” and set the first boot device to CDROM. Click Y to save and exit setup.
3. Insert the Windows installation USB or CD into your laptop, and then insert “DOS”.
4. Type “format C:/” in the DOS prompt and enter Y to achieve formatting.
5. After formatting, enter your own windows system disk (CD boot) and catch the guidance to fix.
METHOD 3. Format Laptop Without Windows Installation USB/CD
1. First, you have to start your computer, then touch F8 or F11 before Windows loads.
2. Click “Next” to enter System Recovery. There are two choices to pick. If you have already backup data, a destructive recovery will assist you to get a brand-new laptop.
3. The utility will perform the formatting and restart your laptop. Just wait quietly till the end.
METHOD 4. Format Laptop Using Restoration Partition
1. Restart your laptop – when your laptop is rebooting, frequently or continuously push the F10 key on your keyboard until the laptop boots.
2. Choose the option for installing a fresh window – the restore partition will simply run the program to format, reload the operating system.
3. Now just Wait for the completion of the formatting process – this process usually takes a maximum of 30 to 45 minutes to finish.
How to format laptop lenovo window 10
You can format a lenovo laptop either using the hidden partition on the hard drive or from a recovery disc. The name of the software on the disk and partition you can back up your company data and restore the operating system to its original state, wiping the hard disk in the process. Steps to format laptop lenovo window 10.
Step 1. Plug the computer into an AC outlet, and turn it on and press “F11” on the lenovo logo screen to load rescue and recovery.
Step 2. Read the agreement and then click on the “Continue” and select “Full Restore” from the menu.
Step 3. Click on the continue and choose “Factory Recovery” from the options and then click “Restore.” Click on the “continue,” then “OK” to confirm.
Step 4. Click “Next” on the product recovery screen. And then select these terms and conditions and then click “Next” to continue.
Step 5. Click on the “Yes” to reformat the laptop and recover the lenovo to the factory condition.
Step 6. Click “Yes” again when prompted to restart the computer
How to Format Dell Laptop with Window 10
Step 1. Open Start and then click the Windows logo in the bottom left corner of the screen and then the start menu will open.
Step 2. Open the setting and click the gear-shaped icon on the lower left side of the Start window.
Step 3. Click update and security and you will see this icon near the bottom of the setting window.
Step 4. Click the “recovery” tab. And it shows on the left side of the window.
Step 5. Click on the “get started”. This is below the “Reset this PC” and heading at the top of the page.
Step 6. Click “Remove everything” when prompted. It is at the top of the popup window.
Step 7. Click “Remove files and clean the drive”. This option deletes everything from your hard drive and then reinstall the windows.
Step 8. Click “Reset” when prompted. Your computer will begin resetting itself.
How to Format HP Laptop with Window 10
Windows 10 is prone to all sorts of issues from the disappearance of a file to problems with installing updates. If your computer is not running the way it should giving you strange errors or performing slowly then it is probably time for a reset. Steps to format HP laptop with window 10.
Step 1. Navigate to setting- You can get by clicking the gear icon on the start menu.
Step 2. Select “Update & security”
Step 3. Click Recovery in the left pane.
Step 4. Click “Get started” under Reset this PC.
Step 5. Click on the keep my files and remove everything depending on whether you want to keep your data files intact. All the settings will return to defaults and apps will be uninstalled.
Step 6. Two ways that are available below in reformatting the hard drive of HP laptop. Turn into the first solution, if you have a Windows installation disc in hand. Then, you can also to the second one to learn how to format the HP laptop in Windows 7 without CD, for instance. Let’s get to know them one by one.
Step 7. Select to remove my files and clean the drive.
Step 8. Click next if the windows warn you that you would not be able to roll back to a prior version of the OS.
Step 9. Click reset when prompted.
Step 10. Click on the continue when prompted.
I hope this guide will help you to learn how to format window 10 in a Dell, Lenovo, and Hp. If you like this guide, also share it with your Peers.