QuickBooks is a capable accounting and bookkeeping software designed for small and mid-sized businesses. It is very effective and efficient when it comes to Payroll Management, Inventory Management, Generating Reports, etc. But just like other accounting and bookkeeping software, QuickBooks users also encounter errors like the QuickBooks Error Code 1625. This error can hamper your work routine and become a source of stress. The QB Error 1625 appears on your screen in the below-given circumstances:
- Multiple windows installer tabs are active
- You are restarting or shutting down your computer.
- When you try to install a framework on your desktop.
We understand how you feel right now and that is why we have created this detailed guide on how to resolve the QuickBooks Error 1625. Apply the solutions given below if you want to manually get rid of this error or you can contact the find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor for assistance.
Now, let us continue with our article and discuss the causes of this error.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1625
These are the common causes for the Error Code 1625 of QuickBooks:
- You are signed in as a guest user or you do not have administrative rights.
- The windows installer has stopped working and it is not allowing the user to refresh the screen.
- The Windows Installer Framework installed on your computer is not working properly.
- Modification of Windows Installer Programming settings resulted in damage in the windows registry files.
- Virus or malware attack on the windows registry files or files related to Windows Installer.
- QuickBooks files are corrupted.
Steps To Fix The QuickBooks Error 1625
Perform the solutions given below for fixing the QuickBooks Error 1625 or get in touch with the QuickBooks Tech Support Department for instant assistance. Be extra careful while applying the steps as even a tiny mistake can cost you a lot.
- Hit Windows+R keys on your keyboard simultaneously to open the Run dialogue box.
- Now, click on the text field in front of Open and type Hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Take a look at the Local Computer Policy.
- Moving forward, open the Computer Configuration.
- Tap in the Administrative templates option and then head to Windows Components.
- Tap on the Windows Installer
- Tap on the Prohibit non-administrators button in the Applying Vendor-signed Updates window.
- Tap on the Disabled button and then choose OK to complete the process.
- Now, go back and reopen your QuickBooks to check if this solution got rid of QB Error 1625. In case you are still facing this error then try the next solution.
- To start the process, firstly, open the Start menu.
- Tap on the search field and type MSCONFIG.
- Hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Tap on the Continue button in the UAC tab.
- Head to Tools > Highlight Change UAC Settings
- Hit the Launch
- Select Never Notify.
- Go back to your QB and check if the error 1625 still pops-up on your desktop screen. If it does then either try the next solution or get in touch with our QuickBooks Support Team.
- To start the troubleshooting process, open the Control Panel and click on Administrative Tools.
- Now, open Local Security Settings.
- Moving forward, tap on the Software Restriction Policies
- Go through the details to make sure if any software is restricted or not.
- Tap on the New Software Restriction Policy
- Choose Enforcement
- Now, you have to choose All Users with the exception of Local Administrator.
- Click on the OK button.
- Reboot your desktop to roll out the changes and check if solution has resolved the QuickBooks Error Code 1625 or not.
If you are still, unable to fix the problem then run the QuickBooks tool hub, find the error type, and use the tool according to the error type.
We hope, you find it informative. Thanks for visiting Techtapo.Follow us on Social Media