Are you a beginner in Digital marketing field and confuse what is PPC ( Pay Per Click) & How does it work? Have you ever willing to know about the benefits of PPC for your business?
Don’t worry, we are here to resolve your all questions and confusions related to PPC. So today we will tell you What is PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising & How does It works? Just come with us to get elaborated and become successful through PPC.
List OF Content
What Is Pay-Per-Click Advertising or Marketing?
PPC or Pay Per Click marketing is a type of promotion that enables marketers to pay only when their ad is clicked by an online user. Search engines like Google make pay per click advertising. There are various types of PPC ads, but one of the most and common types is the paid search ad. These ads appear when people search for things online using a search engine like Google – especially when they are performing commercial searches, meaning that they are looking for something to purchase. Pay per click search count as paid Organic search.
This could be anything from a mobile search to a local service search to someone. All of these searches are pay-per-click ads.PPC helps to bring direct traffic to the website.
Basically, in PPC Digital Marketing, promoters pay a charge per time one of their advertisements is clicked. It is just a way of obtaining visits for your site, as opposed to getting those visitors easily. Pay per click ads shows on the top of the search engines.
How Does PPC Works?
Now we are talking about how does PPC works and why it is related to Google Adwords. In a PPC campaign, you pay Google however much money you wish to have them list ads for your site at the top and right of the organic search listings. When someone clicks on your ad, you pay the current Cost Per Click (CPC) from your set budget. Once your whole budget has been spent, Google stops to run your ads until you provide your fund. There are several different types of Google Ads, including Search Ads, Display Ads, Local Search Ads, and Remarketing.
PAY PER CLICK Process Through Image
How to Set up a PPC Campaign?
Set up Your Google Adwords Account
1. First, you have to create a Google Adwords account, Click here to create an account. Now click on the Green ( Start) Button.
2. Now, AdWords asks you some steps. Fill in your email address and website.
3. If your email address is a Gmail address, then you will be advised to provide your password to sign in. And If not, then you will need to build a Google account by selecting Major options and Create Account.
4. Now you have to agree with the terms of service. You can start filling the appropriate information related to your ad. and website.
How Can You Create Your First Campaign
1. First, you have to Select your campaign type and name. In starting we recommend selecting “Search Network only” in the campaign type. Now choose the name for your campaign.
2. Next, choose how big or small a geographic area you want to target with through your ad. You can take all countries, regions of countries, particular cities. Just Click on “Let me choose …” and then explore for the most suitable area for you.
3. Choose your “bid strategy,” and set your daily budget according to your preference. We suggest you select the default “Bid strategy” to “I’ll manually set my bids for clicks.”
4. Ignore the “Ad Extensions” option, for now, add this later. Click on the Save and continue button.
5. Create your First ad group. Start with writing your first ad. Create your ad. With proper headline. In the last line in your ad. Don’t forget to mention your URL.
Headline: At Least 25 characters of text
2 line: up to 35 characters
3 line: At least 35 characters
4 line: Your Website URL
6. Insert your keywords into the keyword section in your account. Start with a little handful of important one’s keywords, and work from there.
7. Now you have to Set your maximum price per click now. It is called your “default bid”. For high Priced keywords, you have to pay more.
8. It is time to Double check your ad and keywords to be assured that they are the best possible match. Also, Check your cost-per-click to be assured you get the positions on the page you want. Crossed check your daily budget.
9. You are at the last step. Fill your billing information carefully. Your ads will start showing as soon as you confirm your payment information.
How To Check The Progress Of your Campaign?
Now your campaign is ready. So it’s time to analyze your campaign progress. We show you some key factors which define your campaign.
“Quality Score is an evaluation of the position and quality of your ads, keywords, and landing pages. Higher quality ads can lead to lower prices and better ad positions. The more important your ads and landing pages are to the user, the more likely it is that you’ll see higher Quality Scores.”
Basically, that is a score out of 10 that sums up the quality of your ad based on ad connection, landing page experience, and CTR. You can see your Quality Score in your keywords Status column. To get a great overall quality score, you need to make sure that your keyword, ad, and landing page all correctly tie together.
2.Impression Share (IS)
It is the percentage of impressions that your ads get related to the total number of impressions that your ads could get.
“Impression share = impressions / Total eligible impressions”
Eligible impressions are calculated by multiple factors, including targeting settings, support statuses, and quality. Impression share data is available for campaigns, ad groups, product groups, and keywords.
For find Impression Share, you can go to the campaign then open Columns then select Modify columns. Now Click on Competitive metrics option. You can add impression share than save it.
3.Text Ad Optimization
Text Ads are usually the first contact that a possible client has with your site- at the time when a client search for something similar to your company and your advertisement comes in the search results. Top-performing PPC advertisers always pinch and test their ads to obtain the most effective messaging for various keyword groups as this maximizes clicks and Quality Score.
4. CTR ( Click Through Rate)
CTR is a ratio that shows how usually people who see your ad end up clicking it. Click through rate (CTR) can be used to measure how well your keywords and ads are working.
CTR is the number of clicks that your ad gets divided by the number of times your ad is shown:
“Click ÷ impressions = CTR”
A high CTR is a good evidence that users find your ads effective and relevant. Note that a great CTR is related to what you are advertising and on which channels. So try to improve your CTR by using more relevant keywords.
Why PPC is Important in Digital Marketing?
PPC plays an important role in Digital marketing. Pay per click advertising can create traffic right away. It’s easy: Spend quite, get top placement, and possible customers will see your business first. you have to place a well-written ad, you will receive clicks the moment the ad is activated.
Now let’s discuss some importance of PPC in Digital Marketing:
1) PPC is Fast
With the help of PPC, you can create targeted traffic within a few minutes of starting an account. If you have a website and something to trade, you can just get your PPC ad up and running at your earliest comfort – even on the weekend or in the middle of the night. So you can see fastest and quick result through PPC.
2) PPC is Measurable
PPC gives you an amazing stock of information about the people that are interested in your product. Through PPC you can see who is interested. Also, it is simple to compare what works and what doesn’t without consuming your whole budget.
3) Works with any Budget
You choose the budget and size of your campaign, PPC advertising is ideal for small businesses. The campaign can be analyzed for profitability in real time so it’s easy to remain within your budget. Doesn’t matter your budget is short or endless. PPC is a fabulous choice because you can generate highly targeted traffic to your website for a part of the cost of any other form of paid advertising.PPC campaigns can be created with even the smallest of budgets.
Advantages Of PPC ( Pay Per Click)
The Advantages of PPC advertising are :
1) PPC is Cost effective – You pay only when the user a user actually reaches your website through that ad. You pay only for clicks.
2) It’s Gives your fast and instant result: You can create targeted traffic within a few minutes of starting an account.
3) PPC is Measurable: Campaign set up to correctly measure effectiveness. Basically, you can measure how much your return benefit.
4) It has Training Resources: There is many offline and online courses are available in the market to develop your skills.
5) PPC boost the traffic of your website.
6) It will Increase your brand recognition.
7) PPC traffic is more likely to convert in the sale.
8) It has a better format than Organic results.
9) PPC can also drive offline sales.
10) Pay per click has real-time nature.
11) PPC is useful for everybody whether they are advertisers, searchers or even search engine.
Disadvantages Of PPC ( Pay Per Click)
1) Skills Required in PPC: It takes some skills to set up an effective campaign.
2) Clicks and visits don’t always lead to sales.
3) It has also Fraud clicks which are not converted in sales.
4) For high keywords, you have to choose higher bids.
5) Traffic stops when you stop paying.
6) Time Investment: You can not leave your campaign. You need to invest time in optimizing and improving to get the best results.
7) PPC has very heavy Competition.
8) Generally, it gives lower returns.
So that’s all about PPC (Pay Per Click). We hope the above information helps you to understand All about PPC ( Pay Per Click) and will also help you to create effective campaign and ads.
If you have any Query or feedback, feel free to tell us in the comments section. Also, don’t forget to share it with your Peers!